Wednesday, 25 May 2016

GRAHAM AND TIM by Amy Grantham

GRAHAM AND TIM by Amy Grantham

Yes, the day I met Graham Nash, Singer, Composer and Artist photographed by Amy Grantham who is a delightful person and can take an excellent photograph of her boyfriend and some bloke who walked up to him in the GLive car park in Guildford and asked to be photographed. But not only that, she is an excellent photographer in other circumstances as I found out when I looked at her work online. She is described as a mixed media artist and photographer and she also wrote and starred in a film "Lily" loosely based on her life after cancer which was played at both the Tribeca and Deauville film festivals.

It seems so weird that she and Graham met me in Guildford having myself lived in the area for so many years. My mother's father was the curate at the church in Godalming for a few years in the 1920s. Jane and I move there in 1983 after Tom was born. In1988, we nearly bankrupted ourselves to buy our beloved Ravenswood in Milford. I took the kids regularly to the Guildford Odeon to watch films, the same Guildford Odeon where Jane watched "The Hollies" play in 1965 and had no idea that her future husband would meet the guy playing the guitar and singing beautiful harmonies with the lead singer, Allan Clarke in 51 years' time in a car park opposite the cinema. 

So, thank you Amy for recording this special moment for me and for, inadvertently, becoming an important part of "Over the Hill". 

2 comments:

  1. Tim! It was so very wonderful meeting you. Thank you so much for including me in your project and this post. I look forward to carving out a nice chunk of time to look through your entire blog. How remarkable that all these years later you would meet Graham in almost the same spot that Jane had seen him playing years before. Graham and I were both very touched by our meeting with you. It's clear you are a very special person with a great big heart. Thank you for being so nice to both of us when we met. I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world. Please feel free to stay in touch. Love and kindness, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amy,
      Thank you so much for your lovely message and your very kind comments. I wish you both all the very best in life. If either of you ever find yourself in Brighton, please pop by to say hello. Love,
      Tim x
      Email: tjra1951@gmail.com

      Delete