Thursday, 14 April 2016

THE END IS NIGH


I have had the feeling for sometime now that "Over the Hill" has had its day and so I have now decided to bring it to an end. I have one or two shoots arranged for April and May and then that will be it. There are quite a few photographers who kindly have said that they would like to photograph me but, for one reason or another, we have stopped corresponding either due to my failure to grab the chance when it was offered or because the photographer has been busy with paid work. I apologise to any of you out there if I was at fault - my only excuse is that it is sometimes difficult to keep tabs on everyone plus the fact that I haven't been too well in recent months. However, if there is anyone who I have approached and requested they take part and who would still like to add their name to the 387 who have already photographed me, then please, please do email me and we can try to set something up before the end of May which is the cut off date. Also, I am hoping that some of you may want to photograph me again or need a model for a shoot and may think to ask me.

I cannot tell you what a thrill it has been to be involved in this project. I was so pleased when I retired as a solicitor because I was working under a lot of stress partly due to the job itself but also because I had been suffering from Parkinson's Disease but did not know it. I had so many things I wanted to do - watch cricket, read, write, go to the cinema and I did all those things but they were lonely pastimes. Over the Hill has enabled me to meet and work with 387 beautiful people and I can safely say that I have not had a bad shoot. And it was the shoots I loved most of all. 

It hasn't all been plain sailing. First, of all, Jane did not quite know what to make of it all having got over the shock of the initial diagnosis. Some people have questioned why I want to be photographed and also why all the nudity even though I have removed my clothes in less than a quarter of them. I hope that I haven't upset anyone too much by my shocking behaviour! There have been a few regrets - my failure to persuade Nadav Kander to photograph me being one. I have also been asked if I have a favourite image but I can honestly say that I do not. Each one has been an important part of the journey.

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, who has been involved in this project either in photographing me or assisting on the shoots. You "have made my life enchanting" and have helped me through a time when I could have succumbed to my illness but in fact it has been a time when I have been wonderfully happy. Each time I look at a photograph from the project, I remember the shoot and what fun we had. I shall never forget you - any of you.
ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE by Tim Andrews

39 comments:

  1. It's been a privilege, Tim. A privilege to meet you, photograph you and witness how you are dealing with your situation - with humour and passion. A wonderful photographic journey, Martin U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martin for those kind words and a truly wonderful photograph.

      Delete
  2. Indeed, an absolute privelige Tim. What a great thing for so many people. I too will never forget the shoot. Much love, Mark (No. 2)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Number Two! I often tell people how I felt when I first clapped eyes on a large format camera. Mesmerised.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Tim for letting me be part of this wonderful project, I always feel so humbled when I hear from you and your positivity, I enjoyed every single moment of the day we spent together and I too thank you from the bottom of my heart. Much love Sara Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, you say the nicest things. Thank you and thank you for a lovely day and a great pic.

      Delete
  4. Hi Tim, its wonderful to hear from you. It was an absolute privilege to take part and have the opportunity to meet you I will always treasure the memory. Thank you for your openness, and thank you keeping in contact. Love Lindsay Wakelin xxx
    (Heart or head)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to meet you - it seems like such along time ago! It was - 6 years! Come in Number 93!

      Delete
  5. Tim, you were one of those important people who made me think of things differently. You know that, I am sure you do. Love you loads! marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta, darling Marta, you know how I felt. Totally in my element, total peace, total contentment and when we met again, nothing had changed.

      Delete
  6. Hi Tim, thank you for such a wonderful project - you should be very proud and it will will continue to inspire others. I shall never forget the day we worked together which helped me through a turning point in my life. Much love Nigel 'Distant'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great evening wasn't it? Greta conversation too. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Hi Tim
    It's been an honour and a privilege to be a part of such a project. Thank you so much - I, too, have wonderful memories of both shoots we did.
    I look forward to seeing where your creative energies take you now.
    Valda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto re the two shoots. Such inventive photographs and such lovely company.

      Delete
  8. Hello Tim, it has been a great pleasure to work with you, thank you for involving me in such a wonderful project. We had a giggle with those fish! Take care and keep up the good spirit. Much Love Valentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure l ever got rid of that fishy smell! It was an excellent collaboration.

      Delete
  9. Hi Tim, I usually only photograph women so you are my special exception, the chosen one ;) and an inspiration for all. lOVE MILLY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never forget the hug you gave me in the cafe when we first met and l admitted to you that l was a lesbian!

      Delete
  10. What a great project so glad I got to met you. It would be great to see a book at some point.

    All good things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto re meeting you, Kevin and thanks for the swim - fancy another soon? I am looking into a book.

      Delete
  11. Dear Tim, you are very welcome may the light always be with you. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia, I loved every minute of each of our shoots

      Delete
  12. Dear Tim, I feel honoured to have had the shoot with you, you are a truly special person! The show in Southport was great and I'm so glad I was part of it! lots of love from Germany, Pat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your help in Southport - it was a good show wasn't it? x

      Delete
  13. Wonderful wonderful Tim... It was such a pleasure and honour to meet and photograph you, still one of my best days ever, and I still have the photo of you and I on my wall in my office, so I sort of get to see you every day! You are an inspiration and one of the loveliest people I've ever been fortunate enough to meet. I will cherish our time together forever...
    Loads of Love Jayne XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a day that was! The only prop l didn't use was the trampoline (well, l have got a serious neurological condition, thank you very much)! Fun, fun and more fun!

      Delete
  14. Hi Tim, I just wanted to leave a comment to say hi. I was one of your earlier photographers back when I was a student at Farnham UCA. It was a long time ago now but I look back so fondly on my time working with you and getting to know you. You are truly an inspiration. Sending lots of love, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie (or number 47) - l remember the shoots, one in Farnham and the other in Milford. Hope you're well and happy.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations, Tim, on such an incredible project. Thanks again for inviting me to be a part of it and for your infinite patience in waiting for a finished image. The energy with with you have faced your illness is inspiring! I would like to strongly second Kev's suggestion regarding a book as this project totally calls out for it. xx Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika and all the family and also thank you Elloise. A book? I hope so.

      Delete
  16. Very much agreed too re.book Erica and Kev. Would love to see all of the work in this form

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great project and super pleased we could work together on it. And yes, do a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Tim, It was a real privilege to photograph you. It was one of the highlights of 2014 for me. I am honoured to be in such company as the other photographers who are part of your project. Antonio Olmos

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was so nervous when I first took your photo! How things have changed. It's a pleasure to have got to know you and your tales of your life and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thankyou Tim, for giving me the opportunity to take your photograph; truly an honour, privilege and pleasure. It was an inspirational shoot for me, your energy, creativity and zeal is infectious - you're a lovely man Tim, much love, Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melissa Campbell20 April 2016 at 01:20

    It was a beautifully strange afternoon that we spent in your magical home, listening to The Beatles and playing detectives with the fingerprint powder. I loved looking through your family photo albums and hearing your childhood stories. I still have the audio recording I made. Maybe we can do something with it one day? Lots of love. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Tim, as others have already said, it was a privilege to be part of such an extra-ordinary event. Although we already knew each other, I was nervous of spending a day taking portrait photographs as its not normally my discipline. I need not have worried as you were the perfect model ;) Keep in touch. Love to you and Jane. Anthony (161)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Tim for inviting me to be part of your inspirational project, I am honoured to have been amongst your chosen photographers. I loved our day together - in fact, I have written it into my third photographic lecture! Thinking of you and sending love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete