Thursday, 2 October 2014

MAKING IT OVER THE HILL by Roy Petersen

Still from MAKING IT OVER THE HILL by Roy Petersen
Roy was introduced to me by Julia Horbaschk who sent me a link to his documentary film work which was very professional and very impressive. We all met and discussed the possibility of Roy making a documentary about the Over the Hill project including filming some of my shoots. Also, he was interested in the movie films which I make and put out on You Tube and Vimeo. Fortunately, a number of photographers agreed to Roy being present and, in fact, he is so discreet that we hardly noticed he was there.
Julia, Me and Roy on Southwick beach
Finally, he came to the beach at Southwick near to where Julia Horbaschk photographed me and I shot my film “Proms on the Beach” with her help. There he interviewed us both after I had what must have been the worst smoothie I’ve ever tasted at the café near the beach although the staff who work there are extremely pleasant. We had a lot of fun on the beach to make up for what had landed in our stomachs shortly before and Roy sped off on his push bike to begin the final edit of what has transpired to be an excellent film and a wonderful memento of the shoots and films featured on it.

Roy Petersen certainly knows his stuff. He is also a very nice man.

WEBSITE: http://www.royzoner.com/ 
FILM ''MAKING IT OVER THE HILL'': https://vimeo.com/107647102

No comments:

Post a Comment