Sunday, 27 February 2011

STANDING VERY STILL by Dominic Harris

STANDING VERY STILL by Dominic Harris
When I read Dominic's advert in Time Out entitled "Standing Very Still", I thought that this would be a really neat way to end the project which, of course, had started with Graeme Montgomery's advert in the same magazine. Thirty four photographers later, I realise that this was not to be.

Nevertheless, it was an interesting exercise. I turned up at Westminster Bridge on a bright sunny morning on 20th February 2010 along with quite a few other people all of whom, as requested, were dressed in white or light coloured clothing. We were instructed to stand a few paces away from each other as Dominic, standing on the opposite side of the bridge, took the photograph with his camera on a tripod on a very slow exposure. We were also asked to stand very still which amused me because of my condition but I managed as, on a good day, I hardly shake at all.


I had not met Dominic before and so, after the completion of the shot, I went over and introduced myself. I love London and so it was cool to be photographed on a bridge which has certain connections for me. Not only did I adore the film of the same name starring Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor which very much affected the younger me but also my two children were born not far away in Westminster Hospital.

Dominic 
http://www.dominicharris.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment