Monday, 21 February 2011

OCD by Sara Naim - 15th November 2008

OCD by Sara Naim
Sara was in her second year at the London College of Communication when I contacted her in reply to her advert for a model/actor to represent someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

We met in Waterloo Station (one of my favourite places) so she could see if I was what she was looking for. I was and we met for a shoot at her flat in Bethnal Green. She wanted me to look as if I had got up in the middle of the night because I just had to paint a wall.

As I stood there with my paint roller in my hand, with Sara' s flatmates skipping past every now and then, I thought back to my recent career as a solicitor and pondered "who would have thought two years ago that I would be standing in a flat in Bethnal Green wearing pyjamas and painting a wall?" Bizarre.

Sara is incredibly talented and extremely easy to get on with. She is also very much a perfectionist so much so that we repeated some shots on another day to get them just right. At the end of the shoot, Sara asked if I would like to keep the pyjamas but I declined the offer. I think the colours in this image are gorgeous.

http://www.sara-naim.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment