Thursday, 17 February 2011

IN MY OTHER LIFE by Ivo Eman

IN MY OTHER LIFE by Ivo Eman

Ivo was working on a project called “Accessibility”. He was looking for an older man, or someone who could act as such, who still wants to be young and likes to play but who has lost his ball. The image should be about ‘passion’ and ‘dream’.

We found what turned out to be a perfect spot near where I live and l wore old man’s corderoy trousers and stooped and looked out over the lake for my missing ball. Ironically, I don’t feel I have lost anything at all and that I am still fortunate enough to be able to dream and to indulge my passions. 

Ivo studied Creative Photography at the FotoAcadamie in Amsterdam and has exhibited widely, most recently in a solo exhibition at the Zoumboulakis Gallery, Athens. His main interest is figurative and illustrative work with a touch of humour and surrealism. He is inspired by "The Dream" which for him is the struggle between reality and desire."My work is conceptual" he says, "and tries to tell a little story, sometimes with an open end. When an image is eye-catching and makes people think or fantasise, it will stick in people's minds".

IVO













No comments:

Post a Comment