Sunday, 27 February 2011

DREAMING OF GLORY by Steve Jones

DREAMING OF GLORY by Steve Jones
Following my session with Rankin, I subscribed online to Dazed & Confused magazine and, one day, I saw an article on Steve Jones and his Pinhole Shoe project and thought I would contact him in the hope that he might be interested in my project. I did and he was.

We met in London on 25th March 2010 and we got on really well. We wandered around a few mile radius of Charing Cross chatting about Football and Films - how cool is that? And all the while he photographed me. He loved the story of me helping myself to sleep by going through the Spurs' 1961 Double Team (see Rob White). He took this photograph just after I told the story and he told me to close my eyes. I did so and heard people around me including these four girls but obviously I couldn't see them or anyone else and they didn't heed me. I love the fact that, in this image, I am standing quite close to the girls and we are all subjects in the same picture but otherwise we are not connecting.

Also, I love the fact that it is yet another photograph of me in London, the city that I love.

http://bismarckandherring.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment