Saturday, 19 February 2011

BOP SHUOP, M'BOP BOP SHUOP by Mohir

BOP SHUOP, M'BOP BOP SHUOP by Mohir

Mohir was born in Tel Aviv and spends his time between Israel and England. He was self-taught as a photographer, having developed an interest as a teenager. He was about to enter a high institute of art when life took him on a different course. In 2001, at the age of 43, he picked up his camera again and has not put it down since. He has exhibited in a number of group and solo exhibitions, most recently in Paris.



“ Mohir’s images transcend the medium of photography into the realm of the abstract world. Wonderful work” Angela Di Bell, Director of the Agora Gallery, New York.


MOHIR

My wife, the artist Jane Andrews, exhibited a painting in London in a group exhibition of mixed media including photographs and paintings and Mohir’s photograph “The Spread” was included in the show. I loved the photograph and so I contacted him and we met in his home near Oxford, where, in order to loosen me up and make me more animated, he encouraged me to talk about things that interested me. We had a good discussion about Cinema, which has always excited and inspired me and I feel that this image captures the abounding enthusiasm I have for film.


We have met again for two further shoots. On the first occasion we started with more portraits and then some nude shots and, after a while, he handed me a piece of purple silk. I asked him what he wanted me to do with it and he replied "Just play with it". Well, I found that so difficult to do. I felt that, if I was a woman, it would be easy; I could be voluptuous and writhe about a bit but, as a manly man, I found it very hard. I would like to try again.

1 comment:

  1. The correct address to my website is:
    www.mohir-art.com

    Mohir

    ReplyDelete